The last week while we were in africa my school closed . So I had the opportunity to help a few others in our group at a different school. It was really neat to see the difference in class my class had 1 carpet and chalk board for the next class they had desks and then chalkboard and pencils and and workbooks and paints. The last week in africa after I attended that next placement I was sick so I was unable to attend any more volunteer sessions but I am beginning to feel better. it was the down side of my trip because I really enjoyed working with and in the community! A trip of a life time and so so amazing!
We will be participating in several service learning activities while we are in Tanzania. We will care for infants and children in orphanages, daycares and centers for street children; teach children conversational English and assist teachers with special education; participate in income-generating activities to help work toward women’s empowerment; and help with office work and other essential tasks within the hospitals. We will also be enrolled in a three-credit Study Abroad academic course.
Friday, July 13, 2012
Summing up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment