Yesterday we were invited to help build onto a school in Bagamoyo. not knowing what to expect we went into it whole heartedly! As we arrived Children, teens, and women were already getting started, we hurriedly jumped into any assembly lines that were being formed, passing buckets full of rock, sand, water, and finally cement. Many of the volunteers were covered in cement and dirt! shoes in all! It was an amazing cultural experience, and I believe that we are going back next week to finish the rest of the building! We could not be more excited.
Our placements are amazing and the Ocean is WARM! We are all so happy here and can not wait to share all of our stories with you when we get back! Check back for more exiting details. !!
All Volunteers!
sorry I missed your call, i was at living history farms, probably no reception, hope you are having a blast, I miss you take care .
ReplyDeleteLove grandma